Property of Nailpro World Nail Competitions © 2019 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED. UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copyrighted, and all rights reserved.
**This 3:00 hour competition rolls 3 competitions into a one, to be completed in a third 1/3 of the time it takes to do one Sculptured nail competition, and only using one model. Pretty cool right! Finished nails will be judged in 3 phases. One hand Sculptured Nails - One hand Tip and Overlay - Both hands together - Perfect Match!
Phase 1 Sculptured Nail hand to be judged as if it were a sculptured nail competition.
Phase 2 Tip and overlay hand judged as if it were a tip and overlay competition.
Phase 3 both hands as if it were perfect match.
All three phases will be awarded prizes as if they were individual competitions. That is the beauty of this 3 IN 1 competition.
This competition must be completed by one competitor only.
1. You will have 2 3/4 hours (unless otherwise noted), to complete a full set of perfectly matched nails. One hand sculptured competition-style nail enhancements using flat paper or metal forms only. One hand tip & overlay competition-style nail enhancements using clear or natural tips. White tips NOT allowed.
2. Competitors can use either gel or acrylic. Both hands must be the same medium. Competitors using gel for sculpting must use it for the tip and overlay, and competitors using acrylic for sculpting must use acrylic for tip and overlay.
3. Only sheer pink, clear and white enhancement products may be used. Enhancement products containing glitter and/or any other color are NOT allowed. Cover pinks are NOT allowed.
4. All rules must be followed. Failure to do so will result in a point deduction or disqualification. The penalty will be decided by the NAILPRO judging staff at the time of the infraction.
5. No colored products of any type may be applied to tips prior to attaching them to the natural nail.
6. Only unaltered clear adhesives (gel-type, brush-on, tubes, etc.) may be used to attach tips to the nail. No plastic type molds of any kind may be used to form the sculptured nail.
7. All enhancement products must be applied to tips after the tips are adhered to the natural nail.
8. Moons must be included at the base of the nails and must be sculpted.
9. Embellishments may NOT be used.
10. The model’s natural nails may be prepared for product application before the competition, but product may NOT be applied until the competition starts.
11. No products, such as inverted tips or any “cookie cutter” products may be used to form or assist in making a smile line. All smile lines must be done with a brush by hand. Paint on white is not allowed.
**12. All files and buffers must be clean and unused and free from additives including oil; electric files may not be used. You may NOT use any file to refine the smile lines.
13. Water only may be used. Cleansing products (soaps, etc.) and moisturizing products (oils, creams, lotions, bowls with anything in them i.e. marbles, rocks etc.) are NOT allowed.
14. The nail enhancement on 1 (one) nail of each hand (same nail both hands) must be polished with red cream polish, or if sculpting with gel a red gel color may be used. Base coat, top coat are NOT allowed.
15. The nail enhancements on the unpolished nails must be French-style (pink/clear and white), finished to a high shine and completely free of polish. Gel sealant may NOT be used to finish to a high shine.
16. The underside of all nails must look the same.
17. Sculptured Nails will be judged in the following categories: smile lines, “C”curves, cuticle area, shape, product control, moons, surface structure, lateral structure, length, polish or color application, finish work, and overall impression.
18. Tip & Overlay will be judged in the following categories: smile lines, “C”curves, cuticle area, shape, product control, moons, surface structure, lateral structure, length, polish application finish work, and overall impression.
19. Perfect Match will be judged in the following categories: smile lines, “C”curves, cuticle area, shape, product control, perfect match, surface structure, lateral structure, length, moons, finish work, and overall impression.
20. Entry fee will be $300.00 for each veteran competitor and $300.00 for each novice competitor.
Property of Nailpro Competition ©2019 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copy written and all rights reserved.