NOTE: All Rules are Property of Nailpro Competition © 2020 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copyrighted, and all rights reserved.
**1. Competitors may submit more than one entry but must pay a registration fee for each entry. If submitting more than one entry, only the points from the highest scoring entry count towards the NP Individual Cup or Team Cup if you are one of the top 5 point earners. If you are not planning on attending the competition and wish to turn in your work, please click on the link. There will be some new information for the turn in entries coming soon.
2. A 3-D Nail Art entry must consist of a set of 10 individual manufacturer tips. They may not be constructed by a lay person. They must be from a manufacturer box. The length of the tips must be no longer than 2” in length and no wider than 3/4” of an inch, if they were flattened out.Tips must be graduated in size. Finished tips must be wearable meaning, they are individual and able to be mounted to a base.
**3. The design itself may be NO more than 1" (inch) in height, and 1"(inch) in width and be NO longer than 2". If the entry exceeds these dimensions the entry may be disqualified. Imagine a box 1" High, 1" Wide and 2" long now put your nail in there. It should fit, if they don't your work needs to be adjusted so it fits.
4. Tips must remain individual and not be secured to one another my any medium. Design may encompass all 10 tips as a picture, but tips must remain individual. If tips do not meet the requirements, the design will receive a point deduction.
5. All work must be completed prior to the competition. No workstation, seating or electrical outlet will be provided.
6. All nail art must be made from professional nail products (colored liquid-and-powder acrylic, light-cured gel, wraps and resin, polish, rhinestones, etc.)
7. Embellishments or adornments may be used but must NOT exceed 25% of the overall design.
8. Top coat, UV gel sealant or glitter polish may be used.
9. Competitors must prepare and submit a written statement in two parts: one detailing the products and processes used to create the art (do NOT name specific brands or manufacturers), and one telling the story of your interpretation of the theme. Failure to provide this information will result in a 5 point deduction in overall score.DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME.
**10. Mail in entries - Display: Entries must be presented in a closed box for us to transport. Inside the box the ten tips must be SECURELY fastened to a plain (one color no texture no mirror), flat surface for the judging process. The size of the mounting surface is to be a maximum of 6 inches wide by 8 inches deep by ¼ tall and it must be FLAT, FLUSH AND STURDY. Do not attach your entry to the bottom of the box upon turn in. The judges MUST BE ABLE TO REMOVE YOUR WORK FROM THE BOX.
11. Mailed In Entries - click link for exact mailing directions https://www.nailproevents.com/competitions/rules/turn-in-entries-via-mail
12. Entry will be judged on presentation.
13. 3-D Nail Art will be judged in the following categories: originality, visual interest, color, presentation, balance, design, dimension, overall impression, complexity, workmanship, tip length and theme.
14. Any 3-D Nail Art design that wins, or has already won, first place at a NAILPRO competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent NAILPRO competitions. The NAILPRO competition staff reserves the right to disqualify any design it considers to be too similar to a winning design. Any discussion with the NAILPRO competition staff about designs will be held in strict confidence.
Property of Nailpro World Nail Competitions © 2020 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED. UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copyrighted, and all rights reserved.