Property of Nailpro Competition ©2020 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copy written and all rights reserved.
1. Competitors will have 2 hours (unless otherwise noted – check daily schedule for time) to complete one hand of stiletto-style nail enhancements and colored acrylic or gel products in original and artistic ways. Tips and adhesive are NOT allowed. Two competitors may share one model.
2. The nails must be a minimum of 2” in length nail. This measurement is from the lowest point of the cuticle to the end of the free edge. Any nails shorter will receive a 10 point deduction of overall score.
3. Cover pink may be used.
**4. No acrylic paint, gel paint, gel polish or nail polish of any sort may be used. Hand painting is not allowed on top of the nail to enhance the design. If you can build a nail with the product you may use it for creating the design. Absolutely NO Stamping!
**5. Glitter powder of any type, shape or color may be used (any size) but must not be included in more than 10% of the design. Crystal dust (pixie type) like products are allowed.
6. The design must not cover more than 10 % of the nail bed. This is to allow the nail bed to show through.
7. All work must be done on site. No pre-work is allowed.
8. NO Theme - Just follow the rules!
9. Embellishments may be used. Surface of the nail enhancements must be flush—NO raised surfaces
10. “C” curves range between 40% and 50%. The thinness of a salon style nail, approximately .03 to .05 inches, is ideal. Credit card thickness for example.
11. Electric files may be used. All files and buffers must be clean and unused.
12. Moisturizing products such as oil and soap may be used.
13. All nail enhancements must be finished to a high shine by buffing, applying top coat or using a UV gel sealant. No other polish, including glitter polish, is allowed.
14. Extreme Stiletto with Design Competition Nails will be judged in the following categories: lateral structure & shape, finish work, theme, design, surface structure & “C” curves, product control & cuticle area, complexity of design, detail, length, color, balance of design & overall impression.
15. Any Extreme Stiletto Design Competition Nails that win, or has already won, first place at a NAILPRO competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent NAILPRO competitions. The NAILPRO competition staff reserves the right to disqualify any design it considers too similar to a winning design. Any discussion with the NAILPRO competition staff about designs will be held in strict confidence.