NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS are open to all beauty professionals licensed or qualified to perform nail services. Current students and beauty professionals from states or countries in which licensing is not required are also eligible to compete. Proof of licensure or qualification (such as school enrollment certificate or letter confirming salon employment) may be required, so please bring proof of your cosmetology, nail technician or manicurist license. Competitors need to be licensed in the state in which they reside. Age requirement is 16 years of age or older. Models need to be 16 years or older, or 15 years of age if a parent is present, or parental permission forms will need to be completed and sent in prior to event. Infants and toddlers are NOT PERMITTED at this event.
IMPORTANT: If you see something that a competitor has done or is doing during the competition that you feel is not in accordance to the rules, then please tell Jewell Cunningham immediately.
***ALL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO POINT DEDUCTIONS AND/OR DISQUALIFICATION!***
1. All work for each entry must be completed by the competitor registered for that competition. If NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS finds this rule has been violated, the competitor will be prohibited from competing in NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS for the period of one year.
2. Competitors may turn in more than one entry. It is up to the competitor to get the entry to the competition and arrange for the entry to be returned to the competitor. NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS will only be responsible for any turn in entries during the competition. We will not be accepting entries prior to arriving on site and will not be responsible for returning entries to the competitor.
3. ALL WORK MUST BE DONE ON SITE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. No pre-done work is allowed, unless otherwise noted. If NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS finds this rule has been violated, the competitor will be prohibited from competing in any NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS for the period of one year.
4. Any competitor or model found not complying with the NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS rules before, during or until the close of the show is subject to possible disqualification and/or point deduction. In the event disqualification occurs after awards and/or prizes, cash or otherwise, have been distributed, the disqualified contestant must return their trophy as well as all prizes to NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS staff. He or she will also be prohibited to participate in any NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS competition for one year.
5. Competitors must report at the scheduled report time to receive entry information. Late arrivals or entries may not be accepted. Nail art entries may be turned in by someone other than the competitor. NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS cannot be responsible for artwork turned in by someone other than the competitor.
6. Competitors must supply ALL necessary products and supplies, including lamps and extension cords for each competition they enter, (unless otherwise noted). Products must be in labeled containers.
7. Competitors are given 1 (ONE) chair – if chairs are not needed you may use 2, however if there is a shortage you will be required to give up the extra chairs you are using.
8. The rules will be reviewed in mandatory briefing scheduled 5 or 15 minutes before the start of each competition unless otherwise noted.
9. Once the questions only or briefing starts, competitors will not be allowed to touch their models until the start of the competition. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
10. Any prohibited products or supplies found at a competitor’s workstation/or under your towels, mats or whatever you are working on during a competition will be confiscated, and the competitor may be disqualified at the discretion of the NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS competition staff. Products will be returned at conclusion of award ceremony, and only by request.
11. Competitors must have all products they are going to use out on their work area, and all cases must be closed. After the competition has begun, competitors may not reach into the case without competition staff present.
12. Bowls containing marbles, stones or any objects are not allowed on or in working area at any time.
13. Competitors are NOT allowed in or near the judging area at any time. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
14. Once the competition begins, competitors and/or models may NOT leave the competition area without the permission of the competition staff. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
15. When directed, competitors must promptly clean their workstations and leave the competition area.
16. Access to the competition area is limited to competitors, models, and NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS staff ONLY. Anyone entering the floor for a competitor or model and/or approaching a competitor or delivering items to a competitor without Floor Sage’s permission, the competitor will be given a 5 point deduction no questions asked!
17. When a competition ends, models must stand and follow the instructions given by the competition staff. Models may NOT leave the competition area until excused by the competition staff.
18. Nailpro World Cup Competitions judges and staff reserve the right to walk the floor at any time they deem to necessary to check tables for products that are not allowed during the current or future competitions. AND THEY WILL!
19. If at any time a competitor has an issue with the results or decisions of judges it is mandatory that it be discussed in a respectful manner.
20. If there is a problem with a rule infraction it must be reported at once. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE COMPETITION IS UNDER WAY OR WAIT UNTIL AFTER THE AWARDS.
21. If the competitor insists on acting disrespectful, it will be at the discretion of the judge to not allow that competitor to compete in any or all upcoming NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS.
22. The NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS competition staff reserves the right to final interpretation of all rules.
23. Copyrighted Art – NO Copyrighted art is allowed at any time. Any and all designs bearing even a similar likeness will is not allowed. Penalties will be given at judges’ discretion and possible disqualification may be incurred.
Models: Give this section to your model or be sure she/he is aware of all these rules!
1. Competitors must supply their own models when models are required. Models must be at least 18 years old, OR if a release is signed by the parents no younger than 14, AND one or both parent(s) are present while the minor is modeling. Models will be required to show ID if asked by Nailpro World Cup Competitions World Cup Competitions Staff. Only live models may be used.
2. Competitors are responsible for making sure that they and their models understand and comply with the competition rules. Failure to comply may result in point deduction or disqualification at the discretion of the NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS competition staff.
3. Models are not permitted to lay their heads on the tables at any time during judging! If they are not cooperating with the judges, you will receive a 5 point deduction. If it continues you may be disqualified. During the judging process, models may NOT speak to other models or to the judges. They may not use cellphones at any time during the entire judging process.
4. At no time during a competition may models assist the competitor in any capacity. Models may not blow dust, lick their nails at any time prior to being judged. If a staff member asks the model to stop breaking these rules. It will be at the discretion of the floor judge/sage to disqualify the competitor’s model for bad model behavior.
5. Models are NOT allowed to wear any jewelry on their hands, wrists or arms, including watches. Failure to comply will result in a deduction of 5 points in the category of overall. This rule does not apply to models for Fantasy Nail Art.
6. Models are NOT permitted to move the judge’s curtain during the judging process.
7. When a competition ends, competitors must immediately stop working, and move away from their workstations as directed. Competitors are NOT allowed to touch their models again until after they have been judged. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
8. Any designated Nailpro World Cup Competitions Floor staff member has the authority to impose a 5pt deduction for anyone causing disruption, being disrespectful of NPC Staff, or for any and all rule violations.
These competition rules are in effect for NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS. For questions about the rules, please contact us at NailproCompetitions@creativeage.com.
1. Upon registration, competitors and their models give consent to Creative Age Communications, Inc. and all its properties to freely use in any form or manner they seem fit for Creative Age's magazines, websites and projects. In addition, to reproduce all photographs, videos or such taken at the show, including those taken by photographers, or others hired for the show by Creative Age Communications, Inc. Not limited to anyone working in conjunction with NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS. All photos, images and videos or film shot are property of Creative Age Communications, Inc. and may not be used without written permission. Your registration is considered as a signed release.
2. When you arrive to report, the competitor will be given a certificate of participation with wristbands and/or a round sticker with their number. The wristbands are for the model, and are color coded for each separate competition. Novice competitors are given an additional white band, one for each competition they registered in. When putting the wristband on your model make sure it fits like a large bracelet. Do not choke the wrist of your model. PLEASE TURN THE NUMBERS SO THEY FACE AWAY FROM THE MODEL. Please place wristband on models’ right hand unless a one handed competition – then it is on the hand being judged.
3. Themes: Are guideline rules. If the themes are not followed disqualification or point, deductions are possible. Decision will be that of the Nailpro World Cup Competitions World Cup Competitions staff and will be announced during awards ceremony. Please note when a color or shades of a color are given as a theme, it means no other color may be used unless otherwise noted.
4. Competitors must designate their level of experience (Novice or Veteran) when they register, except when competing in a NON-Divisional competition. It is the responsibility of the competitor to be sure they are registered in the correct division. If we are made aware you have designated yourself as a novice and you are a veteran, you will be disqualified and required to return trophy and any moneys given.
5. Competitors may not post any of their competition work to any social media platform whatsoever before the awards ceremony! Any competitor found violating this rule will possibly be given a warning or more likely disqualified from that competition in which they posted their work.
6. All competitors must be responsible for receiving your winning trophies. If you are international competitor or cannot make it to the award ceremony, please make arrangements for someone to accept your trophy and send it to you. NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS will not be responsible for shipping trophies to winners.
• A novice ART competitor has not won first-place in any DIVISIONAL NAIL ART competition at a beauty show.
• A novice Extension competitor has not won first-place in any DIVISIONAL NAIL EXTENSION competition at a beauty show.
• A veteran Art competitor has won first-place in a DIVISIONAL NAIL ART competition at a beauty show.
• A veteran EXTENSION competitor has won first-place in a DIVISIONAL NAIL EXTENSION competition at a beauty show.
• A NON-Divisional competition consists of both Veteran and Novice competitors. No first place win will move anyone up a division.
ART NAIL COMPETITIONS:
- 3-D NAIL ART: $100 Vet/ Novice
- FANTASY NAIL ART: $100 Vet/Novice
- HAND PAINTED NAIL ART - Gel Paint or Acrylic Paint: $100 Vet/ Novice
ARTISTIC EXTENSION COMPETITIONS: AS of 2017/2018 SEASON
- EXTREME STILETTO DESIGN: $100 Vet/Novice
EXTENSION NAIL COMPETITIONS:
- 3 IN ONE: $300 Vet/Novice 3 Competitions in one!
- SALON SUCCESS: $100 Vet/Novice
NON DIVISIONAL NAIL COMPETITIONS
- CHROME/STAMPING: $100
- IT’S ALL ABOUT THE BLING!: $100
- SOAK OFF GEL APPLICATION:$75
7. Any novice competition with 4 or less competitors, the first place winner is not required to move to veteran status. If you choose to you can but are not allowed to return to novice.
8. Novice competitors who win first-place in a Nail Art Competition award must advance to the veteran level of Nail Art for the next competition. You may continue to compete, as a novice in any extension competitions provided you have not won a first-place in such a competition.
9. A team of competitors that wants to participate in the NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS Cup Team Challenge must announce their team affiliation upon registering. The number of team members is unlimited. Top 5 team member scores earned will count toward the Nailpro World Cup Competitions Team Cup.
10. Competitors who compete on a manufacturer’s team must compete using only manufacturer’s labeled products from that company. Files and metal implements are excluded.
11. Prizes: All monies are listed unless otherwise noted.
13. All On-Site Competition Veteran and Novice winners will receive a trophy/or medallion and cash awards as follows: 1st $125.00, 2nd $100.00 and 3rd $75.00
14. NON-DIVISIONAL competitions combine both novice and veteran. Prizes awarded for these competitions will be the following: 1st $125.00, 2nd $100.00 and 3rd $75.00. Tip and overlay relay members will each receive a medallion except where noted. Nailapalooza winners for 2020 will ONLY receive trophies or medallions.
15. New competitions may have different prize structure. Winners will receive medallions or trophies. Please see individual rules for detailed information. Entry fees vary depending on competition. Please see individual rules for information.
16. ONE HANDED COMPETITIONS – We would like to ask if possible when sharing a model to do your best to choose a competitor of the same level. Example – Veteran and Veteran or Novice and Novice. It makes it easier at judging. This is not a rule just a suggestion.
17. NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS utilize analytic scoring to judge the entries. Three judges preview the novice entries and veteran entries as two separate groups. Through the process of elimination, the judges select no more than ten finalists at each level to be scored. All other entries are excused prior to scoring by the judges. Non divisional competitions use the same preview and judging system.
18. The finalists at each level are viewed simultaneously during the scoring process. Finalists are evaluated in ten categories; each category is worth a possible ten points, ranging from 1 (Unacceptable) to 10 (Flawless) except where otherwise noted. Each of the three judges is responsible for three to four categories. The categories for each competition are listed in the rules specific to that competition. Only finalists receive score sheets.
19. The competition staff calculates the final scores, and the judges verify the placements before excusing the finalists. Any ties will be broken by the Head Judge. The decision of the judges is final.
THE NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS – INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM
There must be a minimum of four competitors in each competition for the competition to proceed as planned. Nailpro World Cup Competitions reserve the right to cancel the competition if there are less than 4 competitors in a competition division. This means four each in veteran, and four each in novice or four non-divisional. If a Novice competition fails to be held, the novice entrants present will be allowed to compete in the veteran division for that competition only. If they win they will not be moved up a level. There will be no NOVICE refunds of registration fees unless the competition is canceled by the competition director. In the event there are less than 4 Veteran competitors in the competition will reserve the right not be run that competition and the competitors will be allowed to transfer their entry fee to another competition.
The competitor with the highest cumulative score at the end Nailpro World Cup ISSE 2020 will be crowned NAILPRO WORLD CUP CHAMPION for that year.
NAILPRO WORLD CUP Champion will receive:
- The NAILPRO WORLD CUP trophy
- Cash prize announced at event.
- A one-page interview/article in NAILPRO
- A one year subscription to Nailpro Magazine
- A cover photo shoot for Nailpro Magazine
The top ten finalists will receive NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS medallions.
Only the top 5 point earners for each team will be added towards The team cup award. The team with the highest accumulated scores at the end of the 2020 NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITION will win the NAILPRO WORLD CUP Cup Team Trophy for that year and receive:
- The NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS Cup Team Championship trophy
- A one-page interview/article in NAILPRO
- A one-year subscription to NAILPRO magazine to all the final team members present at NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS.
** New Rule/Change
Competitors and models should plan to attend the Awards Ceremony to receive recognition and certificates of participation. Immediately after the ceremony, the competition staff will distribute score sheets to the finalists. Please know your number! The judges will be available to answer questions and make suggestions for improvement.
All prize or trophy revisions are announced during the briefing or after awards.
New rules, competitions and/or new information are always up for discussion. Any and all ideas, comments, suggestions and or questions MUST be presented via e-mail to NailproCompetitions@creativeage.com.
NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITIONS are a showcase for the nail industry. The NAILPRO WORLD CUP COMPETITION competition staff expects all participants to conduct themselves in a professional, sportsmanlike manner. Anyone failing to do so will be asked to leave the competition or area at once.