Hand Painted Nail Art
Property of Nailpro World Nail Competitions © 2020 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED. UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copyrighted, and all rights reserved.
2. Hand Painted Nail Art entries may be turned in by someone other than the competitor. You do not need to be present at the competition to enter this competition.
3. Hand Painted Nail Art entry must consist of a set of 10 individual manufacturer tips. The length must be no longer than 2” in length and no wider than 3/4” if they were flattened out. Tips must be graduated in size. Tips must remain individual and not be secured to one another. Design may encompass all 10 tips as a picture, but tips must remain individual.
**4. The theme for each Hand Painted Nail Art competition will be announced before the beginning of the competition year.
- NAILPRO World Cup at ISSE Long Beach Show – Optical Illusions
5. All work must be completed prior to the competition. No workstation, seating or electrical outlet will be provided.
**6. All work must be done by hand painting only. Absolutely no airbrushing, gel /or regular polish is allowed. Only acrylic and gel paint may be used. Stamping of any type is not allowed.
7. The surface of the tips must be flush; NO raised surfaces.
8. Topcoat or UV gel sealant may be used ONLY AS A TOPCOAT but must NOT contain any glitter.
**9. NO Copyrighted art is allowed at any time. Penalties will be given at judges’ discretion and possible disqualification may be incurred.
**10. On-Site - Display: Entries must be presented in a closed box for us to transport. Inside the box the ten tips must be SECURELY fastened to a plain (one color no texture no mirror), flat surface for the judging process. The size of the mounting surface is to be a maximum of 6 inches wide by 8 inches deep by ¼ tall and it must be FLAT, FLUSH AND STURDY. Do not attach your entry to the bottom of the box upon turn in. The judges MUST BE ABLE TO REMOVE YOUR WORK FROM THE BOX. Digital entries – please see details in Nailapalooza Rules.
11. Competitors must prepare and submit a written statement in two parts: one detailing the products and processes used to create the art (do NOT name specific brands or manufacturers), and one telling the story of your interpretation of the theme. Failure to provide this information will result in a 5 point deduction in overall score. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME.
12. Hand Painted Nail Art will be judged in the following categories: originality, visual interest, color, presentation, balance, design, detail, overall impression, complexity, workmanship, tip length and theme.
13. Hand Painted Nail Art design that wins, or has already won, first place at a NAILPRO competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent NAILPRO competitions. The NAILPRO competition staff reserves the right to disqualify any design it considers to be too similar to a winning design. Any discussion with the NAILPRO competition staff about designs will be held in strict confidence.