Property of Nailpro World Nail Competitions © 2020 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED. UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copyrighted, and all rights reserved.
1. Competitors will have 2.5 hours completed one hand with competition-style Tip and Overlay enhancements, and the opposite hand with competition-style Sculptured Nail Enhancements using flat or metal forms only. Then both hands will be judged together as competition-style Perfect Match for 3 in 1.
a. Competition-style — The ultimate standard of perfection for all nail enhancements; both hands of nail enhancements that have:
- A sleeker, more dramatic look
- A shape that ranges from extreme square to extreme oval (stiletto)
- A 1 to 1 ratio of nail bed (pink) to free edge (white), measured from the center of the smile line
- Product thinly applied near the cuticle area, reinforced at the stress area, and tapered to the free edge so it is equal to approximately the thinness of a business card (.01-.03 inches)
- Consistent "C" curves between 40% and 50% (144° and 180° arc)
2. Competitors can use either gel or acrylic. Both hands must be the same medium. Competitors using gel for sculpting must use it for the tip and overlay, and competitors using acrylic for sculpting must use acrylic for tip and overlay.
3. Only sheer pink, clear and white enhancement products may be used. Enhancement products containing glitter and/or any other color are NOT allowed. Cover powder is NOT allowed.
4. No colored products of any type may be applied to tips prior to attaching them to the natural nail.
5. Only unaltered clear adhesives (gel-type, brush-on, tubes, etc) may be used to attach tips to the nail. No plastic type molds of any kind may be used to form the sculptured nail.
6. All enhancement products must be applied to tips after the tips are adhered to the natural nail.
7. Embellishments may NOT be used.
8. The model’s natural nails may be prepared for product application before the competition, but product may NOT be applied until the competition starts.
9. No products, such as inverted tips or any “cookie cutter” products may be used to form or assist in making a smile line. All smile lines must be done with a brush by hand. White gel paint or white gel polish are NOT allowed.
**10. All files and buffers must be clean and unused and free from additives including oil; electric files may not be used. You may NOT use any file to refine the smile lines.
11. Only water may be used to remove dust. Cleansing products (soaps, etc.) and moisturizing products (oils, creams, lotions, etc.) are NOT allowed. Bowls containing marbles or other items are NOT allowed.
12. Sculpted moons must be included at the base of all nails.
13. All nail enhancements must be French-Style (pink/clear and or white), finished to a high shine and completely free of any other products.
14. The underside of both hands must look the same.
15. Perfect Match will be judged in the following categories: smile lines, “C”curves, cuticle area, shape, product control, perfect match, surface structure, lateral structure, length, moons, finish work, and overall impression.