Property of Nailpro World Nail Competitions © 2019 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED. UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copyrighted, and all rights reserved.
1. Competitors will have 1.15 hours to complete one hand of competition-style nail enhancements using clear or natural tips. White tips and/or forms are NOT allowed.
2. Competitors may either use liquid-and-powder acrylic products, light-cured gel products, OR wrap products.
3. Only sheer pink, clear, and white enhancement products may be used.
4. A relay team will consist of 3 relay members. Each relay member will have a sub-number of 1, 2 or 3. Each relay member will have 25 minutes to complete his or her section. Each relay member must wear a piece of clothing of the same color so competition staff can easily identify relay team members.
**5. Team member 1 will work up to the point of applying product, including tips—but no product may be applied. As soon as they are finished, member 2 may begin. Team member 2 will only apply product. Team member 2 must not use a file at any time. As soon as they are finished member 3 may begin. Team member 3 will file and finish. Team member 3 must not apply product at any time. When a team member is ready to switch they must raise their hand - and the floor sage will say OK. If you do not wish to switch early – our competition staff will instruct relay members when to approach their station and when to switch. There will be no talking between team members during the switching. The prior relay member must immediately leave competition area.
6. The model’s natural nails may be prepared for product application before the competition starts, but product may NOT be applied to until the competition starts. Relay team member 1 does this section.
7. No colored or clear products of any type may be applied to tips prior to attaching them to the natural nail.
8. Only unaltered clear adhesives (gel-type, brush-on, tubes, etc) may be used to attach tips to the nail.
9. All enhancement products must be applied to tips after the tips are adhered to the natural nail
10. Competitors must lay out tips before the briefing, but tips may not be applied until the competition starts.
11. No products, such as inverted tips or any “cookie cutter” products may be used to form or assist in making a smile line. All smile lines must be done with a brush by hand. White gel and white gel polish are not allowed.
12. All files and buffers must be clean and unused and may not include additives such as oil; electric files, chamois buffers and buffing products may NOT be used.
13. Water only may be used to remove dust. Cleansing products (soaps, etc.) and moisturizing products (oils, creams, lotions, etc.) are NOT allowed.
14. The nail enhancements must be French-style (pink/clear and white), finished to a high shine only.
15. The underside of all nails must look the same.
16. Tip & Overlay will be judged in the following twelve categories: smile lines, c-curves, cuticle area & moons, polish or color application, product control, tip application surface structure, lateral structure, length, shape, finish work and overall impression.
Team spirit score does NOT COUNT TOWARDS YOUR RELAY SCORE. It only counts for the TEAM SPIRIT AWARD ONLY.
**Team Spirit Rules** - NON - DIVISIONAL
1. Team must be easily identified as the same team.
2. Cheering and enthusiasm must continue for the entire competition – you may rotate sections to lessen fatigue.
3. You may have props, create routines or do whatever it takes to show your TEAM SPIRIT.
4. NO SCREAMING – you can yell. BUT DO NOT SCREAM.
5. The team spirit score will NOT be added to the total team score.
Teams will be judged while competition is in progress and will be judged on:
There will be an award for the Team with the highest Spirit score.
You will be judged on:
- Noise Level
- Overall Impression
** Denotes rule change or new competition